Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chris Von Martel

Woot. I've been really bad about updating this blog. It's been awhile, and I've been riding like a fiend. And by fiend, I mean in my weekly lesson.

Ok I'll do a quick recap of what's been happening in my weekly lessons. Last two weeks I've had privates because B had work related engagements that couldn't be missed. It was amazing. My mom finally met Debbie, and got to see me ride. She hasn't seen me ride since we were last at Diane's. **which I still need to finish posting about... Sigh.** And she has never seen me ride dressage. So it was nice to be able to go up with her. I rode Max, and he was so good. He's so old, but it's amazing. Definite improvement from each lesson. Debbie was funny, because she was like "Oh the girl who rides him on Thursdays loves it when you ride him. He's a little easier for her." Totally awesome compliment to my riding ability! So we were mainly working on getting him more collected and in a frame, and making him more supple. Max is so stiff sometimes! It takes me almost my whole lesson to get it together but then when I do, it's amazing. I got him to do an actual leg yield. That felt right. I was so excited about that. And I was glad that my mom was there to see it.

So that's my recap, and now onto the dressage clinic that I audited this past weekend. Chris Von Martel was the clinician, and he was a) a lot younger than I expected *and cute* and b) really good. It was really neat because I got to watch Debbie and other students ride, and then he rode and I got to see him ride. The only thing was that sitting down from 9 - 3 is SO uncomfortable. I moved around a bit, but being tired and uncomfortable does not make for a good combo. It was neat to see the things that he got  the riders to do, and how similar his teaching style was to Debbie and Barbara. It was nice to be able to see what I am supposed to be aiming for, instead of just blindly going.



A video of his riding.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment