Friday, June 24, 2011

Catch up!

My bad, I've been super bad at this one.

Lessons have been going ah-may-zingly. I've had a couple private lessons, and my last lesson was back on Gillian because Max was injured (he got stung by a bee, and then rubbed it, and it became a gaping sore, poor boy). And Oh-Em-Gee. It was amazing. The best lesson I've ever had on that mare. She was listening to me, I wasn't in a corner. I got her to collect a bit. It was amazing. And so cool to see because that means that I've come a ways in my riding. Woot for getting better! It's always nice to have some little tests to see.

I was back on Max the next week, and I had a private lesson because B was away. He's so good. I'm working on speed control, and collection. We cantered this week too, and worked on getting him calm afterwards. You'd think he'd never ran in his entire life the way he was racing around.That seems to be one of our biggest issues, is controlling his speed. He's getting better, but it's still one of the things that I'm seriously working on, that and his flexibility. We had a couple private lessons which were amazing. By the second private lesson he was sooo good. It was nice not to have to worry about where people were in the arena, and have to worry about him running towards Tiffany. We actually got him with really good flexion and frame. And a good speed! It was sooo rewarding.

Last week's lesson I was off. It was so bad. The weather's been really hot and that night was no exception. He was just like... No. F*** this. And wasn't working with me at all. It was disappointing and frustrating, but I do have to say that I probably was right there with him, and not trying as hard as I should have. My knee hurt and the brace didn't really do anything except make things a little worse. Regardless, this week made up for it. It was a bigger group lesson because the women usually before us were running late. I didn't mind, I like those women a lot, and one of them I really aspire to be like when I get to that age... But I digress. They were in our lesson last night and it was completely awesome. We did a whole bunch of exercises on the rail, and then serpentines, and then we individually cantered. That was probably the hardest part of last night. He tried to run away on me again, and I was having none of that. The ladies after were like, wow Jasmine, you were all business! You ride him so well, we were saying that you should think about showing him dressage. You look so good on him, and you get him to do things that I've seen no one else do with him. Which obviously made me really happy about that. I like knowing that I'm at least getting somewhere with the beast. But I love him.

I'll try to keep on top of this one again!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment