Friday, December 16, 2011

Lessons In December

Catch up on lessons:

Last week was a lesson on Meritage, and man, that was a wild ride. It started off pretty well, nothing untoward, just a little spooky in the far end arena corners. Nothing new there. Debbie was also riding around, just walking on Danseur, so she had her back turned, the first time. Meritage, out of no where, leaped forward bucked once, and then decided to canter. I just rode it out and cantered her in a circle. Got her back down and then went along our merry way. Well, the next time was not so happy. She did the same thing (this time Debbie saw) bucked more, bucked harder, until it was like I was riding a bucking bronc. I sat it, and got her calmed down. Debbie was just like, ok let's lunge her. So, the rest of my lesson was spent lunging her, watching her run around in crazy circles, and then cooling her out. Not the lesson that I envisioned, but it was definitely interesting. At least it wasn't just with me, she did it the next day as well. Phew.

This week's lesson she put me back on Tiffany, since Bridget was away again. It was a pretty uneventful lesson, compared to the week before. Worked on half pass, traverre, square corners, leg yielding. It was a tough lesson for my body, I was feeling pretty tired before and after my lesson. Plus, my knee was hurting something fierce too. Damn weather making it act up again!

I wonder what will happen next week!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment