Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good but Tiring

Last night's lesson wasn't my greatest, but it was still better than I've had before.

When Debbie asked how we were tonight, both B and I were very lazy. Although we both had very good reasons: I was sick, B's knee hurt. I got a cold again, with cough, sore throat and runny nose. Yay for head colds. B spent 13 hours this weekend in tall spiky heels dancing (her daughter's wedding) so she strained her knee.

No cantering in today's lesson, Debbie said that I shouldn't get sweaty and catch a chill. So we did trot circles, serpentines and worked on our upward and downward transitions. Walk to trot, trot to walk. It was really good. I was getting her to not fall so much on her forehand when coming into the downward transition. I had no energy due to my cold really beating on me, so it was hard for me to drive her into the bridle.

B on the other hand, had an amazing lesson!! She's on a big mare named Jazzy who's not completely finished as a dressage horse yet, but she loves it cuz Jazzy's BIG. B loves her big draft horses with lots of hair. She is a pretty horse, but she has that attitude of "You can't make me do anything I don't want to do" (Big horse mentality). Jazzy's issue is that she's not quite sure she wants to do everything that we want her to do yet. She's been left to her own devices for a while so she's rebelling. This week, B didn't let her. She put her in her place and Jazzy was so shocked, that she didn't even try to not listen. It was really good for both of them.

Next week, hopefully I'm in tip-top shape, and ready to tackle dressage anew. Plus, the barn's Holiday party is coming up next week!! I'm super excited.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment