Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lesson # 3

Brilliance. Pure, and utter amazing.

I rode Winston again this week.  I absolutely love this horse. He's the epitome of what I want. Big, beautiful bay gelding. Sigh. My life is complete!

Anyways, this week, was pure genius. I started off having a little bit of trouble, with staying on the rail. Have come to the realization that my left leg is pretty much useless. I don't know why I even have one when it comes to riding. So my coach got me to work on a circle, and then move to some figure 8's. Pure genius. I started off at a walk, getting him moving off my leg, and the she came and talked to me, got me to move up into a trot, and I had it.

Collection!

Fabled, I know, but I have hit it. This week anyways. It was amazing. I could feel it working, and him coming together under me. He had forward movement without me working to hard to get him there. He had flexion. He was moving off my legs. It was pure bliss. 

Can't wait to see what lesson #4 throws at me. Hopefully I'll be riding Winston again!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment